*Recipe and photo by Marija @hungryapron
For the panna cotta
- 500ml fresh cream
- 80g sugar
- ½ teaspoon of extract of vanglia
- 8g jelly
For poached pears
- 500ml water
- 60g sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1 small star anise
- 2 pears
2 teaspoons of granola Cacao & Hazelnut and dark chocolate for decoration
- Perpare the gelatine, following the instructions of your package. If you use gelatine in sheets, let it rest in cold water for about a minute. Warm it up then on a low flame, be careful when removing it from the heat once melted.
- In a large pan, add sugar and cream and bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring frequently. Remove from the flame and add the gelatine prepared along with vanilla extract. Divide the mixture into four small bowls and leave to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Prepare the pears by combining water, sugar and spices in a large pot. Let the sugar melt on low heat. Peel the pears and add them to the pot. Cook until they are soft; approximately 15-20 depending on the size. Once cooked, remove the pears from the water and let the pot with the liquid on the fire. The liquid will thicken and become a syrup.
- Before serving, dip the bowls of panna cotta in a tub of warm water for 3 seconds and then tip over the bowl and place the panna cotta on a plate. Cover with two teaspoons of syrup, chocolate and granola. Serve with half of a cooked pear.
Thank you Marija for having created this delicious recipe. Her images transport us into a magical world of sweet scents and delightful tastes.
I hope you will be able to prepare this delicious dessert for your family, for your sweetheart or for your friends!
Buon appetito !